Tuesday, 18 June 2013

Student Feedback: Reporting on the teacher using Google Forms...


I'm watching the results of my annual teacher report flow into the Google Form.

My appraisal is being conducted by the 30 Year 3 students I have spent the year with... Of course, they are eager to tell me that they like me (most of the time), and that I am good at teaching them ICT. But they are brutally honest too.

This is my second year of asking the students to report on me... last year I completed the exercise with my Y2 students. I created a simple Google Form with the following multiple choice & written questions:

Do you think Mr Hayes is a good teacher?
What do you think Mr Hayes is best at teaching?
Do you think Mr Hayes is a friendly teacher?
Do you like coming to school?
Do you like being in Mr Hayes's class?
Do you think Mr Hayes gives you enough help to do your work?
Do you think Mr Hayes says nice things to you when you do a good job?
Do you think Mr Hayes is scary?
Do you think Mr Hayes is friendly?
Do you think Mr Hayes is funny?
Does being in 3H make you happy?
What could Mr Hayes do to become a better teacher?
What did you enjoy most about Year 3?

Of course, looking at the results I am pleased to pick out the nice bits. But, I'm also pleased to find those little informative bits. It seems, to become a better teacher, a few children think I should be meaner and shout at people more!

I'm taking a lot away from this quick little exercise... I asked the children for their feedback on the process and they'd like to do it more often. Next year, I think I will...
Let's just hope I get a nice class!

No comments:

Post a Comment